Entrance to the Safe Room is through the Middle School located in the center of the building and accessible from the main parking lot OR through the corridor entrance accessible from the playground.
In the event that the Emergency Management Agency sounds the siren or a severe weather advisory/warning is announced, the following procedures will take place.
During normal staffing hours, the Safe Room Coordinator or designee will:
- Unlock the Safe Room
- Get people into the Safe Room in a safe and orderly manner
- Will have those present sign in
- Track the storm and during the storm event, will utilize various methods of monitoring the storm
- Help occupants exit in an orderly and safe manner once the watch or warning expires.
- If outside of the normal staffing hours, the Safe Room will be unlocked by electronic communication.